London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves. We also are pioneering the work around helping people prevent the burdens of excessive debt by applying technology in an area previously never imagined.
Aire partners with a range of mainstream financial institutions including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
Aire closed its Series B and opened in the US at the beginning of the year. Our commercial team is driving considerable momentum. The next 18 months will see Aire continue to grow and evolve, as a business and a team. This has brought about some organisational change and we’re looking for a scaleup COO, to join us on the next part of this journey, who has helped scale similar size and stage startups and knows the drill.
The COO will have oversight of 3 teams at Aire; Finance and Legal, Compliance and Responsibility, Core Operations. We’re looking for a leader, who has the same passion and drive that we do. A leader who knows how to navigate the ups and downs of startup life. A leader who can balance strategic vision with pragmatism.
Aire has the potential to bring large-scale and long-term change for consumers in the financial ecosystem, which is why perhaps we have had such positive response from people, media and even the government. But to get there, we need to continue executing with care, and this role has to embody that.
What you're going to do
- Strategic oversight as part of the Executive team: Working closely with the CEO, and other members of the Executive Team, you will set the company and operational strategy. You’ll make sure the organisational design is well set up, the business ready and able to, scale, meet our goals and run as a smooth and professional organisation, even in the face of continuous change!
- Grow your team: You’ll have responsibility for a growing team of people in Operations, ensuring that they are being given direction, structure and support, as well as autonomy to do their best work.
- Keep the pulse: You’ll support the CEO with monthly board reporting and be accountable for a number of company wide reports, metrics and measurables.
- Understand our regulatory focus: In conjunction with the compliance and responsibility team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring all our practices, processes and governance meets the FCA requirements.
- Champion our values: You’ll play a critical role in helping grow and develop a very high standard of leadership at Aire, that is in alignment with our values, mission and purpose.
- And then there is the unexpected: You’ll sometimes need to step into the CEO’s shoes and make sure they are supported in the work they need to do. As a fast growth tech company, there are always going to be a couple new things we will all just have to master overnight!
What we’re looking for from you
- You have played the role of a COO before in at least one startup, that has grown beyond series B and started international expansion, from the UK to the US preferably.
- You have high levels of empathy and a very strong people leader. At Aire, we value this above all else, especially from our leaders and executives.
- You know how to be part of and develop an Executive Team. Where needed we will also pair you up with a coach, and other upskilling efforts.
- You have an innate ability to not only see the bigger picture, but also get stuck into granular detail. You’re always three steps ahead of the game but also abreast of what needs to happen in the here-and-now. Marrying the capacity to think strategically with knowing how to act tactically as a business.
- Ideally you have worked in FinTech and Financial Services, and have a good understanding of the regulatory landscape.
- You’re very familiar with organisational design, especially what the company needs to evolve and continue executing with care (which has become a hallmark of how Aire operates).
- You are an excellent problem solver, you spot inefficiencies and friction in how an organisation is working and know how to go about remedying it in a collaborative and collegial way, driving cross team effectiveness and collaboration.
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.