London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
Aire has always manifested that there are 3 P’s to the business; People, Product and Partners. We don’t just acknowledge, but know that the success of Aire starts with our People. It’s a serious topic and one we really care about. We’re looking to hire a Head of People, to help Aire continue scaling and making sure our People and Culture are nurtured every step of the way.
Aire is scaling up fast in the UK and US, having just raised its Series B, and we are looking for someone who understands the next phase of scaling up to 100+ people. We know that working in a scaling startup is no easy feat, whilst highly rewarding, there is pressure, challenge and change at every turn. We are looking for someone who knows those challenges and has been with other early stage companies on such a journey. You’ll work very close with our Executive Team, setting and executing a People strategy.
What you’re going to do
- You are going to create and deliver an ongoing People Strategy that enables Aire to scale both in the UK and internationally in the US, supporting Aire’s purpose, mission and OKR’s and aligning with our values. You’ll need to prioritise the most important actions and activities balancing long term, medium and short term gains.
- You are going to champion Aire’s culture both internally and externally, serving as an architect of culture.
- Working closely with the Executive Team, focus on and enable the sustainable and ethical, growth and development of Aire.
- Make sure leadership is given ongoing training, support and development. Aire believes in the principles behind servant leadership and wants all leaders in the business to empower the people and teams they are responsible for.
- Be responsible for 1-2 other people in the People function and their growth and development.
- Develop, manage and continually improve Aire’s Professional Development Program, identifying key areas for Learning and Development as an organisation, as teams, and for individuals and ensuring these needs are met.
- Make sure that Aire continues to build and grow an inclusive and diverse working environment, shaping practices, policy and strategy that encompasses all areas of diversity and inclusion.
- Have responsibility and oversight, with some support, for all People and HR related items.
- Ensure Aire continues to focus on and improve ways of enabling and supporting people's wellbeing at Aire.
- Whilst not hands on with day-to-day hiring, you will ensure the hiring strategy is aligned with Aire’s culture, values and business needs.
- Data analysis - we’ll want you to be able to draw some solid connections between People data and Business Objectives.
- Be a great member of our team. Whilst the work and skills are important, so is how we work together, we’re driven by purpose, the opportunity to collaborate and enjoy what we do.
What we’re looking for from you
- You are passionate about all things people and culture. Throughout your career you have worked closely with Leadership and Executive Teams, helping companies develop authentic, distinct and positive company cultures.
- You’re invested in enabling companies to develop a culture of continuous learning, to nurture, develop and grow their people, and not rely on Talent Acquisition as the only means of growing a business.
- You have worked with a number scaling startups, preferably at least one FinTech, and been responsible for the whole People function and possibly a small team supporting you. You will have touched upon all areas of People (HR) - Learning and Development, Organisational Development, Talent Management and Resource Planning, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Performance and Reward.
- You have some experience of expanding People operations overseas, the US primarily where we have employees on the ground.
- You are familiar with the challenges a scaling startup faces. You know how those challenges manifest in people and culture and what needs to be done to support the company through change and growth.
- You have created and successfully implemented a people strategy. You know how to align a people strategy to company OKR’s and whilst being People and Culture orientated, possess strong commercial awareness.
- Goes without saying...you’re a people person. You love working with people. You effortlessly engage with people, have exceptional communication skills and high levels of empathy.
- You have used a variety of tools that enable to you use data to analyse the progress and success of the people strategy.
- You’re very comfortable working in a highly changeable and ambiguous environment. In fact, you love it and thrive in it!
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.