Washington, United States – Full-time
Location: Washington DC/New York - East Coast
We exist to make credit more equitable for everyone. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer doesn’t meet the criteria of a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance. By inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire is building a credit assessment tool that improves human-level intelligence and eliminates its biases.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few. We’re backed by venture capital funding.
Building on the success of the last 4 years, Aire is now expanding into the US and requires a VP Strategy & Partnerships to trail-blaze the market with us. Working closely with the UK team, we are looking for someone to be the face of Aire in the US, building on existing opportunities and opening new doors.
As the first hire in the US, the remit will be wider than solely Partnerships and there will be opportunities to work with us on the regulatory requirements, wider data ecosystem and overall growth strategies in the market. You can be based anywhere on the East Coast, the role is not tied to New York, or Washington DC.
We are looking for someone with great skills and experience of building and maintaining commercial relationships in the consumer lending space, coupled with an entrepreneurial approach to their career, who is interested in building an operation in the USA that will make a difference.
What you’re going to do
- Be the spearhead for Aire’s expansion into the USA - mainly East Coast in the short term.
- Engage with existing Partnership opportunities and create new opportunities.
- Explore the Product / Market fit.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Partnerships & CEO for strategy & direction.
- Investigate & utilise the USA data ecosystem (relevant credit data for our Ref Data)
- Work with our PR company, via the Head of Partnerships UK to build awareness of Aire in the market.
- Work closely with the UK Project Manager’s to help manage USA projects.
- Support and help build the USA team, local Project Management etc.
What we’re looking for from you
- A consultative approach to selling, there’s a lot for both parties to learn about each other.
- Experience of bringing to market a new product or technology.
- Good knowledge of the US Financial Services & Consumer Credit market.
- Experience of Partner management, managing projects.
- Ability to create new strong leads.
- Work to establish our presence, then help grow and potentially manage the team as required.
- Frequent travel within the USA will be required, as well as quarterly visits to the UK office.
Nice to have
- Credit Risk knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working for a FinTech startup.
What's on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare, 401k contribution and professional development to name but a few.
Our values and ethos at Aire, make us very proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will help us push forward on new research and ability to build products to serve our market. Aire was setup to pursue a mission, and we welcome all those who support it so.