London, United Kingdom – Full-time
At Aire, we use machine learning to help consumers access credit more fairly. Millions of people around the world face the rejection, frustration and confusion of being denied fair access to credit because they don't meet the narrow requirements of traditional bureaus. We don't think that's fair. So, we created Aire to level the playing field.
Our credit insight engine helps lenders see the true creditworthiness of their customers and removes unconscious bias from traditional models. To date, Aire has scored $10 billion in credit, increasing approval by up to 19% without compromising responsible lending. Win-win for lenders and consumers like you.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer Technical Lead to contribute to engineering solutions and architecture, and support the ongoing development of our engineers.
This is a player-coach role you'll work collaboratively to deliver production ready, reliable, scalable and secure web based applications that Aire and our customers can depend upon. In doing so you'll apply best practices and wherever possible, continuous deployment, continuous integration and TDD.
You'll also help to define, scope, requirements gather and design for new product features that are lender-facing. And you'll help design, implement and maintain secure AWS infrastructure deployments.
Most importantly, you'll be a great team member. We're constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects, and helping each other out wherever we can. It's Aire's DNA. And it will be an approach you value as highly as we do.
No-one globally is doing what we do. So, this truly is a unique opportunity for a pioneering engineer who thrives in a startup environment. And a chance to trail-blaze alongside an awesome and inspired team.
This role sits in our Lenders Squad, which owns Aire's interactions and interfaces with lenders e.g banks, retail finance companies, brands themselves and other financial institutions. Essentially, the companies that provide finance to people like you and I, whether that's car finance, a personal loan or credit card.
The focus of the squad is improving Lender decision making by delivering real-time and offline integrations with Lenders, for the processing of data and the delivery of credit insights. The squad is crucial to Aire, as we increase our use case coverage across the credit lifecycle, helping lenders acquire new customers and better manage their existing consumer base.
Our Lenders Squad is comprised of a Product Owner and 5 Engineers (including a Lead), with support from our Agile Coach.
Our tech stack
- Our lender-facing API is written in CoffeeScript, running on Node.js & Express.js
- Back-end services are in Python & Flask
- These are packaged as Docker container images, which we run on Kubernetes in AWS
- Data storage is in PostgreSQL
- We also use Terraform and the Serverless Framework for cloud resource provisioning
- We use AWS S3, SFTP, SSH and AWS IAM for data / file integration approaches including validation and encryption
- We use AWS Cloudwatch, Mixpanel, AWS Lambda & other database technologies for MI Reporting back to Lenders
- And AWS S3 and AWS SQS are used for bulk processing of consumer records for new cases
In addition to demonstrating the above you'll care about:
- Seeking opportunities to continuously and sustainably improve the product and the codebase
- Amazing API development
- Excellent software architecture
- Agile principles, CI/CD and TDD - you'll feel dirty if you didn't write a test first!
- Being super security conscious for your customers, your company and your colleagues
- The freedom to work independently and in small groups with trusted colleagues
Work should never be 'just a job', so we work hard to create an environment our people love working in. This starts with a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration, which you can find more about in our blog. Our reward offering includes:
- A competitive base salary
- Equity offering
- Personal development budget
- Season ticket loan
- Flexible working policy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Medical
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Time off to volunteer
- Regular social events
- and 28 days holiday