London, United Kingdom – Full-time
At Aire, we use machine learning to help consumers access credit more fairly. And we’re currently looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer with a strong technical background to support and coach our engineers.
Our Lead Software Engineer is a player-coach role. You’ll begin as an integral player in our Lenders squad, learning about the product, our customers and ways of working. Once you’re comfortably up and running we’ll add the line management and coaching responsibility.
The Lenders squad owns all interactions with our Lenders - the companies who provide finance to consumers, whether that’s car finance, a personal loan or credit card. This means that you and the squad will deliver product components to Lenders that include partner API integrations and API test harness, Reporting and Bulk Processing.
No-one globally is doing what we do, so if you thrive in a startup environment this truly is a unique opportunity to trailblaze alongside an awesome and inspired team.
What we build in
- But we look for engineers who love getting involved in the full stack, so if you're an experienced Engineering Lead who loves problem solving and can bring something different, we’re interested to hear from you
What you’ll care about
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing high performing engineers
- Seeking opportunities to continuously and sustainably improve the product and the codebase
- Amazing API development
- Agile principles, CI/CD and TDD - you’ll feel dirty if you didn’t write a test first!
- Being super security conscious for your customers, your company and your colleagues
- The freedom to work independently and in small groups with trusted colleagues
Work should never be 'just a job', so we work hard to create an environment our people love working in. This starts with a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration, which you can find out more about here: careers page and our blog.
Our reward offering includes a competitive Base Salary, Equity Offering, Personal Development Budget, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working Policy, Cycle To Work Scheme, Private Medical, Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave, Time Off To Volunteer, Regular Social Events and 28 Days Holiday.