London, United Kingdom – Full-time
At Aire, we use machine learning to help consumers access credit more fairly. Millions of people around the world face the rejection, frustration and confusion of being denied fair access to credit because they don't meet the narrow requirements of traditional bureaus. We don't think that's fair. So, we created Aire to level the playing field.
Our credit insight engine helps lenders see the true creditworthiness of their customers and removes unconscious bias from traditional models. To date, Aire has scored $10 billion in credit, increasing approval by up to 19% without compromising responsible lending. Win-win for lenders and consumers like you.
Our Commercial team is at the helm of all our commercial activity and extremely busy. The Pre Sales Consultant will join the Commercial team and play a supporting role in commercial discussions with potential lenders.
This is a brand new opportunity, that until recently has been covered by multiple people in the business. In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone who has a deep technical understanding of Consumer Credit Risk and Collections. You will help facilitate the lender’s technical understanding of Aire’s product offering and ensure the correct requirements are being scoped.
Our HQ is in London however we anticipate that you will be out on meetings, or home based much of the week. Therefore open to non London based applicants. We would expect you to come to our lovely office and be with the team at least one day a week.
Much of your time will involve going on meetings countrywide, often meeting the Chief Risk Officers, or their heads of engineering and data science. You‘ll get under-the-hood of the lender, understanding and navigating the more technical conversations regarding their requirements, pain points and challenges.
- Join the CCO, or Business Development Director, on lender meetings. Assimilate an understanding the technical environment in which the lender is operating and explain how our product and models could work to enhance their business opportunities.
- Play the role of a trusted advisor to the lender throughout the negotiation process regarding the integration of applications and data.
- Contribute to pitches, proposals and SLA’s.
- Advise, collaborate and support reseller partners, attending their sales meetings and giving specific technical guidance about the product.
- Work closely with the Product team, communicating trends and requirements from the market and potential partners.
- Knowledge share and help educate the wider organisation about Consumer Credit Risk.
We're in a hurry to change the world so we'd like you to hit the ground running. This means coming with ready made consumer lending, specifically Collections, experience. So, you're likely to be working in, or have previously worked for, a UK lender, credit bureau or collections business.
- You probably have a varied career path, however will have spent some time developing a deep understanding of Credit Risk, in a Credit Bureau, or Credit Risk department of a lender. Ideally you have worked in a Pre Sales role before but this is not essential.
- You know how a lender onboards customers and you have a deep understanding of the typical consumer customer lifecycle within financial services.
- You have a strong understanding of CRA credit risk and affordability solutions.
- You understand credit risk and affordability modelling, as well as having a strong understanding of the commercial Credit Risk lifecycle including customer management and collections..
- You are familiar with scorecards, specifically scorecard development and evaluation.
- You have very good listening and questioning skills, being able to quickly identify the more technical needs of partners and translate that to the wider business. You will be very commercially aware.
- You enjoy meeting people and have a natural ability to build relationships, across different areas of business, at all levels. You will also have strong levels of empathy and be able to understand where different parties are coming from.
- Be a great member of our team. Whilst the work and skills are important, so is how we work together, we’re driven by purpose, the opportunity to collaborate and enjoy what we do.
Work should never be 'just a job', so we work hard to create an environment our people love working in. This starts with a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration, which you can find more about in our blog.
Our reward offering includes:
- A competitive base salary
- Equity offering
- Personal development budget
- Season ticket loan
- Flexible working policy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Medical
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Time off to volunteer
- Regular social events
- and 28 days holiday