London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
Our Commercial team is at the helm of all our commercial activity and extremely busy. The Pre Sales Consultant will join the Commercial team and play a supporting role in commercial discussions with potential lenders.
This is a brand new opportunity, that until recently has been covered by multiple people in the business. In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone who has a deep technical understanding of Consumer Credit Risk and Collections. You will help facilitate the lender’s technical understanding of Aire’s product offering and ensure the correct requirements are being scoped.
Our HQ is in London however we anticipate that you will be out on meetings, or home based much of the week. Therefore open to non London based applicants. We would expect you to come to our lovely office and be with the team at least one day a week.
Much of your time will involve going on meetings countrywide, often meeting the Chief Risk Officers, or their heads of engineering and data science. You‘ll get under-the-hood of the lender, understanding and navigating the more technical conversations regarding their requirements, pain points and challenges.
What you're going to do:
- Join the CCO, or Business Development Director, on lender meetings. Assimilate an understanding the technical environment in which the lender is operating and explain how our product and models could work to enhance their business opportunities.
- Play the role of a trusted advisor to the lender throughout the negotiation process regarding the integration of applications and data.
- Contribute to pitches, proposals and SLA’s.
- Advise, collaborate and support reseller partners, attending their sales meetings and giving specific technical guidance about the product.
- Work closely with the Product team, communicating trends and requirements from the market and potential partners.
- Knowledge share and help educate the wider organisation about Consumer Credit Risk.
What we’re looking for from you
- You probably have a varied career path, however will have spent some time developing a deep understanding of Credit Risk, in a Credit Bureau, or Credit Risk department of a lender. Ideally you have worked in a Pre Sales role before but this is not essential.
- You know how a lender onboards customers and you have a deep understanding of the typical consumer customer lifecycle within financial services.
- You have a strong understanding of CRA credit risk and affordability solutions.
- You understand credit risk and affordability modelling, as well as having a strong understanding of the commercial Credit Risk lifecycle including customer management and collections..
- You are familiar with scorecards, specifically scorecard development and evaluation.
- You have very good listening and questioning skills, being able to quickly identify the more technical needs of partners and translate that to the wider business. You will be very commercially aware.
- You enjoy meeting people and have a natural ability to build relationships, across different areas of business, at all levels. You will also have strong levels of empathy and be able to understand where different parties are coming from.
- Be a great member of our team. Whilst the work and skills are important, so is how we work together, we’re driven by purpose, the opportunity to collaborate and enjoy what we do.
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.