London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
Our Commercial team is at the helm of all our commercial activity and extremely busy. The Pre Sale Consultant will join the Commercial team and play a supporting role in commercial discussions with potential partners.
This is a brand new opportunity, that until recently has been covered multiple people in the business. Now’s the time for it to become a stand alone role. In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone who has a deep technical understanding of Credit Risk, specifically Consumer Credit and Collections, who will go on meetings, often meeting the Chief Risk Officers, or their heads of engineering and data science. You‘ll get under-the-hood of the partner, understanding and navigating the more technical conversations regarding their requirements, pain points and challenges.
This type of role may also appear in other organisations under titles such as; Sales Engineer, Forward Deploy, Pre Sales Engineer.
What you’re going to do:
- Join other members of the Partnerships team, the CCO, or Business Development Director, on Partner meetings, helping to understand the technical environment in which they are operating and explain how our product could work and enhance their business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Product team, communicating trends and requirements from the market and potential partners.
- Advise the Product teams and Data Scientists in those teams, on commercial viability of ideas.
- Leverage and build on an existing network, helping cultivate opportunities and put Aire at front-of-mind of lenders.
- Raise the profile of Aire at events and meetups, communicating and reinforcing our mission, purpose and value proposition to lenders and consumers..
- Knowledge share and help educate the wider organisation about Credit Risk and Consumer Credit.
What we’re looking for from you
- You probably have a varied career path, however will have spent some time developing a deep understanding of Consumer Credit Risk, working in Data Science, or as an Analyst in a Credit Risk department.
- You know how to model credit risk, as well as having a strong understanding of the commercial Consumer Credit Risk lifecycle.
- You will have built scorecards and worked on scorecard development and evaluation.
- You will have been through the process of introducing change to a decision engine in production.
- You will almost certainly have worked in a commercial team and environment before, and have very good listening and questioning skills, being able to quickly identify the more technical needs of partners and translate that to the wider business. You will be very commercially aware.
- You enjoy meeting people and have a natural ability to build relationships, across different areas of business, at all levels. You will also have strong levels of empathy and be able to understand where different parties are coming from.
- Be a great member of our team. Whilst the work and skills are important, so is how we work together, we’re driven by purpose, the opportunity to collaborate and enjoy what we do.
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.