London, United Kingdom – Full-time
At Aire, we believe that when it comes to credit, many of us are missing out.
For lenders, access to only historical data has limited their ability to make the credit decisions needed in our modern economy. This impacts everyone, delivering less value for lenders and making access to credit for some, impossible.
But at Aire, we’re using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to engage directly with consumers to deliver the fuller picture to lenders. We call this first-party data and we believe it’s shifting the balance of credit scoring for everyone, forever. Because, when you see a customer in three dimensions, credit decisions become clear.
About the team
Our Software Engineers, who are all full-stack, work in one of three squads - Application, Platform and Insight. We’re Agile, use Scrum, embrace TDD and we also pair program. We’re passionate about quality and collaboration.
This opportunity is in our Application squad, which is responsible for the development of our applications, database services and Partner APIs.
We’re busy expanding our Product use case, whilst also focusing on scalability, performance and simplicity, which means the following:
- Re-engineering of the application.
- Refactoring of the architecture.
- Upgrading our technology.
- Working with potential lending partners to discover their requirements.
- Designing a product solution to meet the needs of more lenders.
- Developing and delivering the product solution.
- Work collaboratively as part of an Agile team, putting into production software that will transform people’s accessibility to financial products they were previously excluded from.
- Improve the application, using the latest packages and minimise vulnerabilities.
- Improve monitoring and alerting, to help us better understand the performance of our product.
- Improve the quality of UX & UI of our front-end application.
- Apply TDD wherever possible and contribute to the broader engineering teams efforts to increase CI/CD.
- Support on customer problems when they occur.
Your skills and expertise
- You have some strong demonstrable experience of designing, developing and productionising scalable web applications that integrate with multiple external parties.
- You have a solid understanding of TDD. You also have had exposure to CI/CD.
- You have a good appreciation of information and data security and perhaps have worked in FinTech, or a similarly regulated environment.
- You’re an adaptable software engineer that enjoys a variety of work.
- You love being part of a collaborative, cross functional, purpose driven team!
- You’re familiar and confident to work with a number of the following technical approaches, technologies, and tools: Backbone.js, Node.js, HTML/CSS, Express, Mixpanel, Python, SQL/Postgres, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, TDD, CI/CD.
We work hard to create a culture and environment that people not only enjoy, but love working in. We know that going to work is never ‘just a job’ and invest in our People’s growth and development. We foster a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration. You can find out more about our team, culture and values on our careers page and our blog.
Here are a few benefits we offer all of our team:
Personal Development Budget - Season Ticket Loan - Flexible Working Policy - Cycle To Work- Private Medical Health Care - 28 Days Holiday - Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave - Time Off To Volunteer- Regular Social Events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.