London, United Kingdom – Full-time
We exist to make credit more equitable for everyone. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer doesn’t meet the criteria of a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance. By inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire is building a credit assessment tool that improves human-level intelligence and eliminates its biases.
Aire has partnered with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few. We’re backed by venture capital funding.
Our engineering team is growing due to new projects, new product and new partnerships. We’ve always worked in a highly collaborative, cohesive way and all our software engineers turn their hands to whatever it is we need to do.
As an engineer you thrive on the opportunity to discover, learn and explore new ways, better ways, of doing things. You’re not focused so much on the technology that you want to work with. We’re happy to take applications from people with a broad range of software engineering skills. We’re big advocates of TDD, CD/CI too! If variety of work and technique vs technology is your bag, talk to us!
What you’re going to be doing
- In the first instance there will be a fair amount of integration and infrastructure work, however you can anticipate working on anything from front end, to new product development and prototyping
- Deliver production ready, reliable, scalable, web based applications that the business can depend on
- Apply best practices and continuous deployment / continuous integration and TDD wherever possible
- Help to define, scope, requirements and design for new product features that are both Partner and Consumer facing
- Designing, implement and maintain secure AWS infrastructure deployments
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects and helping each other out wherever we can
What we’re looking for in you
- Career as software engineer, working in a variety of settings, solving wide ranging problems, with a broad range of technologies and tools
- TDD and continuous integration / continuous deployment mindset
- Demonstrable track record of building and delivering robust and scalable enterprise web based applications - ideally within a regulated environment, or one that processes sensitive information and data. Security, credit or fraud is of real interest to us
- Passionate about technology and solving complex problems and love getting stuck into development across the full stack
- Excellent communication and people skills. You also enjoy supporting and mentoring the more junior members of the team
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to how you work and the technologies you use
Technologies and tools that are useful:
Node.js, SQL and/or Postgres, Express, Python
DDD, AWS - Cloud Deployment, Mixpanel, Microservices, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well-informed and understands what we think about important topics.Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.Benefits
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, professional development and much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.