London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK and US.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers but as people too.
Our engineering team is a small, collaborative and agile team of 8. They have a strong common sense of purpose and passion for building great software, the best possible way. Everyone on the team is a polyglot and full stack engineer, and we adhere to Scrum (we have squads and tribes). We like to Pair Program too (where appropriate, we’re not religious about it).
We’re looking for similarly passionate, driven software engineers to join us, as we have a lot to build and deliver, for our partners, our data team and product. A lot of what is being built is greenfield.
As an engineer you thrive on the opportunity to discover, learn and explore new ways, better ways of doing things. We’re happy to take applications from people with a broad range of software engineering skills, not just the ones we use. TDD, CD/CI is also core to the way we like to build software.
What you’re going to do
You could end up working on anything, however here’s a few examples of what we’re working on at the moment:
- Build the infrastructure for our Products, making sure it is scalable and robust platform. Continuous Integration is key!
- Build the infrastructure for our Data team using S3 github Python, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Build the environment for the Data team to productionise their models for our Partners.
- Develop the API integration for our Partners - Info & Data security is of paramount importance for us.
- Help us continually upgrade and improve our release environment and process.
In general you’ll:
- Deliver production ready, reliable, scalable, web based applications that the business can depend on.
- Apply best practices and continuous deployment / continuous integration and TDD wherever possible
- Help to define, scope, requirements and design for new product features that are both Partner and Consumer facing.
- Designing, implement and maintain secure AWS infrastructure deployments.
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects and helping each other out wherever we can.
What we’re looking for from you
- Career as software engineer, working in a variety of settings, solving wide ranging problems, with a broad range of technologies and tools.
- TDD and continuous integration / continuous deployment mindset.
- Demonstrable track record of building and delivering robust and scalable enterprise web based applications - ideally within a regulated environment, or one that processes sensitive information and data. Security, credit or fraud is of real interest to us.
- Passionate about technology and solving complex problems and love for getting stuck into development across the full stack.
- Excellent communication and people skills. You also enjoy supporting and mentoring the more junior members of the team.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to how you work and the technologies you use.
Technologies that are useful:
React / Redux
SQL and/or Postgres
REST-based API development
AWS - Cloud Deployment
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.