London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK and US.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
We’ve made a lot of progress with product development in the last 12 months and our Product team is taking shape. As a result, we are creating a new opportunity in Product, for a Technical Product Manager. The role will be responsible for our Platform squad. The Platform squad is an agile scrum team, responsible for all of Aire’s product infrastructure, Data Science environment and shortening the development lifecycle to increase the frequency of releases, core to supporting our applications and Data Science models.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager who has a strong technical background. You have experience as a Product Manager, with a solid grasp of the practices and principles behind product management and have been responsible for a highly technical product, end-to-end through the product development lifecycle. Knowledge of Infrastructure and DevOps is a plus.
What you’re going to do
- Be responsible for the agile Platform squad, tasked with ensuring Aire’s infrastructure is scalable, optimised for performance, and robust and continues to iterate and improve. Also be responsible for improving our software development lifecycle and improving the release process to enable frequent releases.
- Be part of the Aire Product team, which advocates for and steers the overall direction of the product roadmap for Aire.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and reporting on the platform.
- Work closely with the Architectural group to ensure the platform meets the requirements of the business, as well as InfoSec policy.
- Work with the wider Product team on product strategy and translate into requirements and a roadmap for the Platform squad.
- Employ product management and development best practices.
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback and helping each other out wherever we can.
What we’re looking for from you
- You have worked as a Technical Product Manager, in an agile environment, ideally at a relatively early stage and growing startup. An extra bonus would be FinTech, or Financial Services experience, but not a must.
- You love working in a startup environment, which can be full of unpredictability and change, and enjoy the challenge of helping shape and grow something, making sense of the sometimes abstract!
- You have a strong understanding of infrastructure and DevOps, and have helped scale software environments and bring in greater degrees of automation using CI/CD.
- You have a passion for technology, using software to solve problems and drive greater efficiency for a business.
- You’re data-driven in your approach to product management and have a highly analytical mind.
- You have excellent people skills and enjoy engaging and working with different types of people across an organisation.
- You love being part of a collaborative, creative, purpose-driven team!
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.