London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK and US.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
Our engineering team is a small, collaborative and agile team. We have a strong common sense of purpose and passion for building great software, in the best possible way. Everyone on the team is a polyglot and full stack engineer, and we adhere to Scrum (we have squads and tribes). We like to Pair Program too (where appropriate, although we’re not religious about it).
Our Platform squad is growing, we have a lot to do as Aire grows, we’re constantly improving the scalability and quality of software, taking a DevOps approach. There is a particular focus on improving release processes and deployment, using continuous integration and continuous deployment. In addition, continuing to improve our infrastructure and supporting services.
As an engineer, you thrive on the opportunity to discover, learn and explore new ways, better ways of doing things. We’re happy to take applications from people with a broad range of software engineering skills, not just the ones we use. TDD, CI/CD is also core to the way we like to build and deploy software.
What you’re going to do
- As part of an agile team, taking a DevOps approach, you’ll develop the software for the core platform at Aire.
- You’ll help create a highly scalable, robust environment, for the engineering team to automate deploying and releasing software, and the data science team to build and productionise models seamlessly, using CI/CD.
- You’ll design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructure.
- Focus on building scalable software and performance optimisation.
- Build instruments to monitor the performance of our infrastructure and applications.
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects and helping each other out wherever we can.
What we’re looking for from you
- You have an inquiring mind and enjoy turning your hand to different software engineering challenges.
- You’re an experienced software engineer, with a passion and curiosity for DevOps.
- You’re excellent at optimising architecture and infrastructure.
- You have a good appreciation of Infosec and Data Security and ideally have worked in FinTech, or a similarly regulated environment.
- You apply best practices wherever possible, such as TDD.
- You’re an expert when it comes to CI/CD techniques and tools.
- You love being part of a collaborative, creative, purpose-driven team!
SQL and/or Postgres
What's on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.