London, United Kingdom – Full-time
We exist to make credit more equitable for everyone. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer doesn’t meet the criteria of a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance. By inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire is building a credit assessment tool that improves human-level intelligence and eliminates its biases.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few. We’re backed by venture capital funding.
Our Data Science team is growing and transforming. As we engage with new partners and look to develop and broaden our product offering, we want to complement our existing Data Science team’s knowledge and capabilities, with a number of Decision Scientists with Credit Risk Analysis experience.
We work in an agile way, pairing on problems, with an iterative mind set, version 0.1 being one of our values. We seek to challenge ourselves and each other, every day. Data Science really is at the heart of what we are doing, so we’re investing heavily in bringing the right people together to join us on this mission of making credit scoring more equitable.
What you’re going to do
- You will be working in a fast paced, agile team, collaborating closely with the engineering and credit risk teams and our project managers to deliver insights across multiple partnerships, being responsible for the whole model lifecycle
- You will represent Aire Labs in discussions with commercial partners to scope projects and deliver modelling insights
- Working closely with our partners, you will be building and improving upon complex models of consumer behaviour and credit risk, using heterogeneous data
- Engage and run performance monitoring and analysis on models against a multitude of financial products and demographic segments
- Highlight performance hot spots and recommend new areas for model development
- You will apply your knowledge and experience of consumer credit to Aire's ongoing product development. We’ll embrace and encourage the less conventional ideas and thinking, as we’re looking for ways to change the way that the industry operates
What we’re looking for from you
- You’re and experienced Decision Scientist and have experience of deploying models, or decision engines to production, understanding how they fit into the wider customer journey and reporting to senior stakeholders on the business impact. Having done this in a consumer credit context would be ideal!
- You love working in a highly collaborative, iterative and supportive environment
- You’re excited and passionate about Consumer Credit and how it can change for the better
- Your have an inquisitive mind and look to consistently challenge and improve what you do
- You have phenomenal communication and people skills and must be comfortable engaging and presenting your research to our customers and various stakeholders
- You will be confident being hands-on with our analysis tool kit, either having demonstrable experience in Python, or with a similar technology (e.g. R, Matlab, SAS) and be willing to transition to Python
- Experience with object-oriented computer programming and deep understanding of big data is desirable, as is exposure to Hadoop, Spark and other distributed processing frameworks
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.