London, United Kingdom – Full-time
We exist to make credit more equitable for everyone. We believe that context improves credit decisions. When a customer doesn’t meet the criteria of a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance, by inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire is building a credit assessment tool that improves human-level intelligence and eliminates its biases.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few.
Our engineering team is a small, collaborative and agile team of 6, that has a strong common sense of purpose and passion for building great software, the best possible way. Everyone on the team is a polyglot and full stack engineer, and we adhere to Scrum. We’re looking for a similarly passionate, driven software engineer to join us, as we have a large backlog of work across all areas of the business (client integrations, new product, new features and scaling our infrastructure). A lot of what is being built is greenfield.
As an engineer you thrive on the opportunity to discover, learn and explore new ways, better ways, of doing things. We’re happy to take applications from people with a broad range of software engineering skills. We’re big advocates of TDD, CD/CI too!
What you’re going to do
- We have some exciting challenges and problems to solve with integration and infrastructure work, however you can anticipate working on anything from front end, to new product development and prototyping.
- You may also support our Data Scientists, helping them productionise their models.
- Deliver production ready, reliable, secure, scalable, web based applications that the business can depend on.
- Apply best practices and continuous deployment / continuous integration and TDD wherever possible.
- Help to define, scope, requirements and design for new product features that are both Partner and Consumer facing.
- Design, implement and maintain secure AWS infrastructure deployments
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects and helping each other out wherever we can.
What we’re looking for from you
- Career as polyglot software engineer, working in a variety of settings, solving wide ranging problems, with a broad range of technologies and tools.
- TDD and continuous integration / continuous deployment mindset.
- Demonstrable track record of building and delivering robust and scalable enterprise web based applications - ideally within a regulated environment, or one that processes sensitive information and data. Security, credit or fraud is of real interest to us.
- Passionate about technology and solving complex problems and love getting stuck into development across the full stack.
- Excellent communication and people skills. You also enjoy supporting and mentoring the more junior members of the team.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to how you work and the technologies you use.
Technologies that are useful:
React / Redux
SQL and/or Postgres
REST-based API development
AWS - Cloud Deployment
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.