London, United Kingdom – Full-time
Aire’s credit insight engine makes credit fairer for consumers, and more valuable to lenders. We believe that context improves credit decisions. So when a customer isn’t catered for by a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance - inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services and N Brown Group to name just a few, as well as partnering with Experian in the UK.
People are at the heart of what Aire does. We’re motivated by social purpose and bringing change to people’s lives, driving greater financial inclusion. We’re also passionate and committed to creating a brilliant work environment and culture, where people will grow not just their careers, but as people too.
It’s been a fantastic start to 2019 for Aire, we’re ramping up our Partnerships & Commercial team and activity, which is driving the need for our first full time Marketing and Communications Manager. Ideally you will have worked in a FinTech before and have some understanding of Credit Risk, or Consumer Credit. You’ll be involved in helping us grow in the US, as well as accelerating our UK business opportunities.
As the first hire of this kind, it will encompass all areas of Marketing & Communications for Aire. You may need to engage companies externally to support on specific pieces of work, however this will be a generalist role initially, with a few focus areas:
- Sales and Marketing collateral - support the UK & US Partnerships teams helping generate sales and marketing collateral and material to effectively engage new Partners (B2B).
- Product - create Product collateral working closely with our Product, Partnership and Growth teams, making sure our Product Value Proposition is clear and compelling (B2B and B2C).
- Communication and messaging - ensure all comms and content is consistent in Aire’s tone of voice across the varying channels, with a focus on our blog and social media content.
What you’re going to do
Reporting into our CCO you will set up our Marketing & Communications functionality and deliver against the needs of the business:
- Create a Marketing and Communications strategy, that supports Aire in achieving our OKRs.
- Deliver against and prioritise activity, identify and budget for any external resources and support.
- With support where needed (such as design), create and manage all marketing collateral and material, for both Sales and Product.
- Own and drive all social media and PR activity, engage the right people to support (internally and externally) and make sure the content is consistent with Aire brand, messaging and tone of voice.
- Identify events and other opportunities to raise the profile of Aire both B2B and B2C and within the Experian reseller framework.
- Working closely with our Product Managers, use data and create insights to help Aire understand our Partners and Consumers better, in order to direct campaigns and Partnerships activity.
What we’re looking for from you
- You are an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager, who has a diverse and versatile skill set, having worked in a FinTech, and or Financial Services business. Startup experience really helps too.
- You balance the ability to think strategically as well and work tactically.
- You have created and executed a marketing and communications, multi channel (digital, print, events, PR, social media) strategy for a B2B business, some B2C experience is also valuable.
- You are comfortable working with early stage products and companies and enjoy the challenge of navigating and sense-making of ambiguity, and playing an important role in that journey.
- You have excellent and adaptive writing skills, adopting the right tone and style for the audience.
- You have a good network in the FinTech PR community.
- In an ideal world you will have worked with Credit Risk, or Consumer Credit Products in the past.
- You thrive working in a team of passionate and driven people, who are not afraid of asking the tough questions, but care about doing things well and work hard to support each other through the challenges and uncertainty working with a growing startup can present.
- Be a great member of our team. Whilst the work and skills are important, so is how we work together, we’re driven by purpose, the opportunity to collaborate and enjoy what we do.
What’s on offer
We don’t prescribe a 9-6 workday. If you want to come in early and leave early or start later, we give you that freedom, as long as you find enough time in the day to collaborate and work with your colleagues.
Opportunities to grow
We believe in nurturing our talent and dedicate time to help you have meaningful on the job experiences through action, interaction, and relationships.
Openness and honesty
There are no hidden agendas. We are transparent and honest about what’s going on. We try to ensure everyone is well informed and understands what we think about important topics.
Work life balance
One of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. Aire gives paid time off for mum and dad to cherish and take care of themselves and their child. We also offer generous paid leave for other activities, including volunteering.
Private healthcare that rewards you for being healthy, Cycle2Work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and professional development to name but a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.