London, United Kingdom – Contract
This job description is for a four-month contract position, however, if you’re looking for a permanent role we’d also like to hear from you.
We exist to make credit more equitable for everyone. We believe that context improves credit decisions. When a customer doesn’t meet the criteria of a traditional credit bureau, we offer a second chance, by inviting customers to tell us about themselves.
Aire is building a credit assessment tool that improves human-level intelligence and eliminates its biases.
Aire partners with a range of lenders including Toyota Financial Services, Zopa and N Brown Group to name just a few. We’re backed by venture capital funding.
Our engineering team is growing due to new projects, new product capabilities and new partnerships. Aire is looking to fulfil a 4-month contract position with a senior backend engineer.
As an engineer, you thrive on the opportunity to discover, learn and explore new, better ways of doing things. You’re an expert in your field, but also willing to turn your hands to new technologies.
What you're going to do
- Work within a fast-paced scrum team to develop our API and build out an SDK.
- Apply best practices and continuous deployment / continuous integration and TDD wherever possible.
- Help to define and design to meet new requirements.
- Be a great member of our team. We’re constantly sharing ideas and feedback, pairing on projects and helping each other out wherever we can.
What we’re looking for from you
- Nice to have
As well as...
- Career as a software engineer, working in a variety of settings, solving wide-ranging problems, with a broad range of technologies and tools.
- TDD and continuous integration / continuous deployment mindset.
- Demonstrable track record of building and delivering robust and scalable enterprise web based applications - ideally within a regulated environment, or one that processes sensitive information and data. Security, credit or fraud is of real interest to us.
- Passionate about technology and solving complex problems and love getting stuck into development across the full stack.
- Excellent communication and people skills. You also enjoy supporting and mentoring the more junior members of the team.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to how you work and the technologies you us
- Day rate contract
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.